The Westin Sohna Resort and Spa in association with Kairali Ayurvedic Group brings forward the wealth of Ayurveda at Heavenly Spa. It offers a gamut of services to lure anyone looking for a relaxing weekend.
Here are 5 reasons to visit the Westin Sohna Resort & Spa –
1. Easy access from Delhi – Approximately an hour’s drive from the bustling sub-city Gurgao, this property amazes the visitor with its sprawling gardens and exotic villas. However, the main attraction to visit this picturesque place is the Heavenly spa that promises an authentic Ayurveda experience.
2. Peace and serenity – The meditation pyramid, Peace surrounded by water on all sides, looks mesmerizing that facilitates concentration and stillness of the mind. The Yoga room has a sublime Buddha that instills peace and calm. The spa area has six treatment rooms that offer a tranquil setting for spa which are designed to rejuvenate and relieve stress.
3. Wide menu of therapies – The spa menu at the Westin has a plethora of spa services like aromatherapy massages, Balinese and Chinese therapies and Ayurveda massages. Soulful music selections are customized for every area within the spa to relax and rejuvenate your senses. Separate areas for men and women include steam, sauna and Jacuzzi that has a little pool outside and sunlight that peeps inside the rooms where you get your heavenly treatment. The villas at Westin Sohna come complete with a special wooden bed for Ayurveda treatments and a traditional sauna box.
4. Detoxifying the mind, body and spirit – Ayurveda is the most preferred treatment to a complete detox. Abhayangam is a preventive therapy which rejuvenates the body after a tiring day, Shirodhara – involves medicated oil poured over the forehead, Navarkizhi – a distinct massage with small linen bundles filled with Navara rice, cooked in a herbal base and milk, Udavarthanam -A dry powder massage and Podikizhi -Unique therapy performed using linen bundles for body massage.
5. Consultation with Wellness therapists – The therapists has a session with the visitor that comprises a questionnaire. The results determine the Doshas / prakriti that a person belongs to which is followed by the specific treatment. Abhyanga, a traditional Ayurveda is usually recommended for people who are looking for full body treatment. The treatment is done in the Chakra room that has a wooden Ayurveda bed with a brass pot over it. The procedure starts with a head massage with traditional oil made from herbs and medicinal plants that balances and calms the mind, and pacifies the aggravated dosha.