From mountain to sea, Mount Faber Leisure Group (MFLG), one of Singapore’s leading leisure and lifestyle attractions operators, offers an exciting array of connected experiences between the stunning summit of Mount Faber Peak and the white, sandy beaches of Sentosa Island.
With the opening of new attractions like Central Beach Bazaar (September 2022) and SkyHelix Sentosa (December 2021), travellers from India looking for a uniquely Singaporean holiday unlike anywhere else in the sunny country are guaranteed plenty of new experiences in their next visit.
Now, as Singapore welcomes the return of International visitors amid an uptick in the pace of inbound travel, Mount Faber Leisure Group (MFLG) is ready to capture the hearts of visitors with new and refreshed experiences that are waiting to be discovered, like the newly opened Central Beach Bazaar.
MFLG has operated the iconic Singapore Cable Car for 49 years since it was known formerly as One Faber Group, and the now rebranded organization continues to be at the forefront of Singapore’s world-class tourism offerings, operating a diverse range of award-winning attractions, F&B establishments and tours.
- Central Beach Bazaar -Opened in September 2022, Central Beach Bazaar is MFLG’s latest attractions-based offering: a unique day-to-night carnival beach experience of immersive new sights, scents and sounds at the heart of Sentosa’s beaches.
The newest attraction on Sentosa offers in a single location a plethora of entertainment and dining experiences for families, the young and the young at heart. Located just footsteps away from the Sentosa Express Beach Station, this new destination enhances and encircles the existing MFLG dining and retail experiences at Good Old Days Food Court & Western Grill and FUN Shop @ Beach Plaza.
- Sentosa SkyJet – The tallest fountain in Southeast Asia: A visual marker for visitors arriving on Sentosa’s beaches, the 80-metre tall Sentosa SkyJet is the tallest fountain in Southeast Asia, equivalent to a 24-storey building. Its graceful plumes of water are propelled upwards by high-pressure underwater pumps, creating a breathtaking visual spectacle for the perfect photo opportunity. Visitors also ought to stay for the night, as the Sentosa SkyJet lights up to a stunning effect with colour-changing LED lights.
- Sentosa Musical Fountain – Visitors can expect new entertainment during the day with the return of the famous Musical Fountain, one of Sentosa’s iconic shows of the early 1980s. The reimagined Sentosa Musical Fountain will perform two alternating five-minute shows. The first is a tribute to the original Musical Fountain, which showcases a score of musical numbers played in the 1990s, like Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me and Walking on Sunshine. The second show, a medley of Singapore’s beloved National Day songs like Home and Count on Me Singapore, is something visitors don’t want to miss.
- Seven vibrant street food concepts at International Food Street – A tasty new enclave of seven F&B concepts inspired by some of the best global street eats, housed in food trucks, kombi vans and upcycled shipping containers designed in distinctive Memphis-style, with splashes of bright colours and bold structural patterns. Street grub are presented in a convenient, grab-and-go style and affordably priced under S$10, so visitors can savour them while enjoying the captivating shows of the Sentosa Musical Fountain and Wings of Time or while continuing their adventures around the island. Look out for the Masala Wala, which offers a selection of Indian vegetarian snacks like Punjabi Samosa, Paneer Kathi Roll and Aloo Chat, or the Mama Shop, a collection of nostalgic and new Singaporean snacks and beverages that introduces tourists to local delights.
- Wings of Time – First opened in 2014, the Wings of Time is the only permanent multi-sensory night show set in the open sea, having dazzled over 5.4 million visitors worldwide with an epic experiential fusion of multimedia effects, including 3D projection mapping, state-of-the-art lasers, robotic water fountains and giant water jets, as well as spectacular pyrotechnics.
- Exhilarating simulation rides and carnival games: By year-end, Central Beach Bazaar will debut a final new attraction dedicated to two experiences – simulator rides and carnival games for all ages. The simulator ride will offer an adrenaline-pumping and exhilarating thrill of high-speed races. Those who fancy the conviviality of carnivals can step right up for a chance to win huge plushie toy prizes at the Beach Carnival Games, where their dexterity is put to the test with classic games like the Lobster Pot.
- SkyHelix Sentosa : Another recent addition to MFLG’s portfolio since December 2021 is SkyHelix Sentosa, Singapore’s highest open-air panoramic ride and the first carbon-neutral attraction on Sentosa. Located at Imbiah Lookout, just a short stroll from the Singapore Cable Car’s Sentosa station, SkyHelix Sentosa is an unforgettable open-air gondola ride that offers breathtaking 360° sights of Sentosa and the developing Greater Southern Waterfront. With an apex of 79 metres above sea level, it is one of the highest vantage points on Sentosa Island. Each 12-minute ride includes 10 minutes at the peak, for guests to enjoy the views as the gondola slowly rotates. On the ride, visitors can also enjoy unique ready-to-drink cocktails like the iconic Singapore Sling and other snacks available for purchase at the open-air snack bar before boarding. Guests will be able to enjoy the thrill of dangling their feet in the air with a cool drink in hand, while capturing picture-perfect moments on camera.
From morning to night, the attraction offers guests different views of Sentosa, promising a new experience with each ride. The beauty of the ride’s structure also undergoes a transformation of its own – after sundown, energy-efficient LED lights illuminate the attraction, making it a beacon of light on Sentosa and a stunning new addition to the Singapore skyline.
Tickets for SkyHelix Sentosa are priced at S$18 for adults and S$15 for children between the ages of four and 12. Each ticket will be bundled with a choice of one standard non-alcoholic beverage or an exclusive SkyHelix Sentosa souvenir. Visitors who book through the MFLG website will also get an online exclusive 10% discount. Alcoholic beverages and snacks are subject to additional pricing.
Singapore Cable Car
Since its opening in 1974, the Singapore Cable Car has become a quintessential attraction for visitors to Singapore. Over the years, it has seen many visitors from all around the world, attracting more than 60 million visitors since it started operations. Spanning four generations of cable cars, the ride has since grown into the icon it is today in Singapore’s tourism landscape.
Linking Mount Faber Peak to Sentosa Island, the Singapore Cable Car is the best way to travel to and fro both destinations while offering amazing aerial views that unfold all around from 100 metres above sea level. Vintage Singapore Cable Car cabins are also on display at the Mount Faber Cable Car Station, a popular photo-taking spot for tourists.
The Singapore Cable Car also provides easy access to MFLG’s extensive F&B offerings in both locations. Hungry families can head to Mount Faber Peak and grab a bite at Arbora Hilltop Garden & Bistro, a family-friendly restaurant that serves all-day dining, while those in the mood for a romantic night out can watch a spectacular sunset from Dusk Restaurant & Bar.
Tickets for a Cable Car Sky Pass (One Round Trip) on the Singapore Cable Car are S$35 for adults, S$25 for children aged four to 12, and free for children under four, with an online exclusive 20% discount and a free fan for guests who book through the MFLG website. Tickets entitle guests to a round trip on the Mount Faber Line and Sentosa Line, and are valid for a day only.