The 2021 is hitting the word population even harder with its second phase. While companies have given permanent work from homes to employees, a critical rise on stress and anxiety has already taken its toll on people.
Here are 11 Productive things to do during Self Quarantine while surviving the epidemic phase 2 –
1. Stock up on your groceries at home – ensure you pick up the right things, and stock up the necessary items at home. Plan around the items to create meals that comprise of starch, a protein and carbs. Make sure you order the groceries based on requirement.
2. Indulge in fresh produce – It is imperative to buy fruits and vegetables these days. Peel them, cut them and place them in airtight containers in the fridge. Vegetables like cauliflower, potatoes, cabbage, onions and broccoli, Brussels can be kept outside.
3. Avoid indulging in high sodium canned foods – Boredom and stress eating is very common these days. Instead of a high sodium chips packet, opt for a juicy fruit loaded with Vitamins and Minerals. It will not only keep you hydrated but boost your energy levels too.
4. Channelizing your energy levels – Your best defense in anxiety is to channelize your energies elsewhere, whether by talking to a close friend, writing down your feelings or reading an interesting good book.
5. Fitness apps – The current situation does not allow you to go to a gym or yoga class but there are interesting apps that bring you closer to your fitness goals. Subscribe to them and indulge on a regular training from beginner to expert and watch how your fitness graph elevates.
6. Indulge in daily activities – It is a fact that physical activity doesn’t have to mean a hardcore workout. Everyday activities like walking, gardening and cleaning reduce your risk of infections and boost your immunity levels.
7. Start yoga and pranayam – Pranayam tops the chart in fitness activities. A simple deep breathing activity enhances adrenaline and empowers your lungs by 100% thereby improving your immunity levels. Not only is pranayam great for your lungs, it is excellent for your weight management, stress reduction, hormone balance and much more. 30 minutes daily pranayam can bring a huge difference in your life.
8. Manage your sleep cycle – Managing stress and anxiety is important these days and getting sleep on time is very important. Listen to soothing music while sleeping, light candles, camphor or some aroma oils in the room for enducing sleep. Set aside a specific area in your home that is free of technology, except maybe a speaker for music.
9. Avoid the chaos happening in the world – every news channel today is filled with news of Covid. Over-exposure to news and chaos creates a lot of anxiety. Avoid it completely as it only builds up the stress levels.
10. Use technology to fill the void – As loneliness can compound to mental and physical health issues, using your phone or laptop for video chats can actually burn bridges and makes you feel connected.
11. De-clutter – Research shows that the COVID can live on plastic and stainless steel surfaces for 72 hours. It’s always advisable to clean surfaces, kitchen tiles, carpets and other home utilities. This has a very positive impact on the mind too. De-cluttering is crucial, especially if you live in a small space.